Molson Canadian® Stanley Cup® Final Ticket Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and win, you must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec). You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of Molson Canada (the “Sponsor”), the National Hockey League (“NHL”), its member clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing NHL entities, collectively, the “NHL Entities”), or any of their respective affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, any participating stores or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on or around the start of Stanley Cup® Conference Finals, or May 31st, 2022, whichever occurs first. All entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 PM (ET) on June 15th, 2022 (the “Entry Deadline” and “Contest Closing Date”). To enter, visit www.Molson.ca/StanleyCupFinalTrip (the “Contest Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online entry form in full and submit the entry. All fields on the entry form must be completed unless they are otherwise indicated as optional. Limit: one (1) entry per person per day.
The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late entries, all of which will be void. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can use only one (1) e-mail address to enter this Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of entries as outlined in these Official Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) e-mail address to enter the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her entries voided. Your entry will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received by the Entry Deadline. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, e-mail addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- PRIZE: There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won. The Prize consists of two (2) game tickets (specific seating to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) for the winner and one (1) guest to attend Game 4 of the 2022 Stanley Cup® Final (the “Event”), wherever that Event (Event to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) may take place in the United States or Canada. Specifically, the Prize includes: (i) two (2) round trip economy class airline tickets departing from the closest major airport to the winner’s residence and onward to the city hosting the Event (the “Trip”); (ii) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodation (double occupancy); (iii) return ground transportation for two (2) between the airport and hotel and hotel to the Event; and (iv) $500.00 CAD NHLShop.ca gift card. If in the event, the winner resides in the city hosting the Event, no transportation or accommodation will be provided to the winner and his/her guest.
Winner and his/her respective guest shall be responsible for any costs or expenses associated with the Prize not outlined as included above, including but not limited to transportation to and from winner’s home residence and the airport, taxes, travel and/or medical insurance, airport improvement and security fees (if applicable), drinks, meals, gratuities, and all incidental and personal expenses. Winner will be required to use a credit card at hotel check in to cover any, and all incidentals not specified as included in the Prize. Winner and his/her respective guest must travel together on the same itinerary departing from the same departure point on the dates and times required or the Prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements and accommodations must be booked through Sponsor or its agent. Winner and his/her guest are required to follow all directions of Sponsor and/or the Event organizers; failure to do so may result in termination of their participation, or continued participation, in the Prize and/or Event. Once itinerary has been finalized between winner and Sponsor, no changes can be made unless approved by Sponsor. The approximate value of the Prize is $6,500.00 CAD (based on sample Edmonton departure). The actual value of the Prize will depend on location of winner’s residence, and the location of the selected city hosting the Event. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value, if any.
It is the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guest to obtain all required travel documents including a valid passport and any Covid passport/documentation (if applicable) (or visa, if applicable). Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and both winner and his/her guest must not have any legal restrictions which would prevent them from traveling to the United States (if applicable) or otherwise participate in the Trip. Sponsor will not be held responsible in the event, that winner and/or his/her guest are denied entry into the United States (if applicable) or re-entry to Canada. In such an event, the winner and/or his/her guest will be solely responsible for any, and all costs incurred, and the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and his/her guest will not be permitted into any licensed area unless they can show valid identification to verify proof of legal drinking age in the selected city. Sponsor does not condone and will not be held responsible for any illegal purchase or consumption of alcohol.
Resale of Event tickets is prohibited. Winner and winner’s guest must abide by all venue policies and Event ticket terms and conditions including those related to COVID-19. Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Prize from any winner and/or winner’s guest who it or venue personnel deem may, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety and/or health risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring Sponsor or NHL Entities into disrepute.
Prize is not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value if a Prize or any part of the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, Event cancellations, labour disputes, any national emergency, war, civil commotion, acts of terrorism, acts of government or any agency thereof or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, a winner will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. If any activity relating to any Prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the balance of the Prize may be awarded in full satisfaction of the Prize award. Prize will only be released to the verified winner. Return of any Prize/Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate eligible winner.
- DRAWING: On or around June 16th, 2022, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor or its designated agents will attempt to notify the selected entrant by e-mail or phone using the information provided at the time of entry. Before being declared a winner of the Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at time of entry. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor the Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant and his/her guest within the time period indicated on such forms (as applicable); and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor has the right but not the obligation, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant will be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, the NHL Entities, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time-period indicated in the documents or the applicable Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guest must also sign and return a Declaration and Release of Liability form prior to travel and/or participating in the Prize. The name of guest cannot be changed once the Declaration and Release of Liability form has been received by Sponsor or its agent.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsor and/or entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one (1) or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsor or its designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsor by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their name, address (city, province/territory), voice, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by them, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern, and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regards to any matter relating to this Contest.
- NHL ENTITIES PRIZE SUPPLIER: Entrants in this Contest acknowledge that NHL Entities’ only involvement with this Contest is as a Prize supplier, and by entering, release the NHL Entities from any, and all liability with respect to the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, use and/or misuse of Prize or parts of any Prize. The information you provide will only be used by Sponsor for the purposes of the administration and fulfilment of this Contest.
NHL, the NHL Shield, and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the Stanley Cup Final logo is a trademark of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2022. All Rights Reserved
The Molson and Coors logos and marks are the property of, or are licensed by Molson Canada 2005, and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of Molson Canada 2005. © Molson Canada 2005 2022. All Rights Reserved.