SOL® SUMMER SOLSTICE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN, OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at or about 12:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) on May 30, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on August 30, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, agents, and officers of alcohol beverage retailers and distributors and their immediate family members and all other individuals/entities associated with this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, there are two (2) ways an eligible entrant may enter:
- Qualifying Purchase and Text Message: At participating retail locations during store hours during the Sweepstakes Period, an entrant must make a purchase of any Sol beer product (“Qualifying Purchase”). Upon completion of a Qualifying Purchase, an entrant may then, using an SMS-enabled mobile device, take a picture of the Qualifying Purchase receipt and send the picture as a text message to the short code “28130” (“Short Code”) stating one (1) of the following valid keywords: “SOL”, “BEER”, “TULUM”, “CERVEZA”, “SUNSHINE”, “SUN”, “REFRESHING”, “GETAWAY”, or “BRIGHT” (each, a “Keyword”). Only a request sent to the Short Code with a picture of Qualifying Purchase receipt and one (1) Keyword will be accepted as a valid request. Once a request is received, the entrant will be sent a reply text message asking the entrant to submit his/her 5-digit ZIP Code (“XXXXX”) and date of birth in the following format: “mmddyyyy”. Upon receipt of a valid 5-digit ZIP Code, date of birth, one (1) valid Keyword, and picture of Qualifying Purchase receipt an entrant will, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, receive one (1) entry into the entry pool for the applicable Keyword. All entries must be received by Sponsor or its authorized designee by 11:59:59 PM CT on August 30, 2019. NOTE: Proof of text message submission does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of the text message.
Message and data rates may apply for each text message sent or received. Not all mobile telephone providers carry the service necessary to participate. Entrants should consult their wireless provider’s pricing plans. Consent not a condition of purchase. An entrant may, at any time, choose to stop participating in this Sweepstakes by sending an opt-out text message stating “STOP” to the Short Code. If an entrant sends an opt-out text message, he/she will be sent a reply text message, which will confirm that he/she has been unsubscribed and will receive no further text messages. For help, text the word “HELP” to the Short Code. Each Text Message Entry must be manually key-stroked/entered by the entrant. An entrant will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry after confirmation of sending a valid text message including an image of a Qualifying Purchase receipt and Keyword.
- Mail-In Entry: An eligible entrant may hand-write his/her complete name (no initials), valid e-mail address, street address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), city, state, ZIP Code, telephone number, one (1) valid Keyword, and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) on a 3½”x5” card (“Mail-In Entry”) and mail it with sufficient postage to: the Sol Summer Solstice Sweepstakes – PL12001, P.O. Box 410, Southfield, MI 48037. All Mail-In Entries must be postmarked no later than August 30, 2019, and received on or before September 19, 2019, in order to be eligible.
Mail-In Entries must be legibly hand-written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due, Mail-In Entries mailed in an envelope or sent in excess of the entry limits set forth below will not be accepted. Mail-In Entries received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and not valid entries.
Limits: Regardless of the method of entry or Keyword submitted, limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person/phone number per day during the Sweepstakes Period. If more than one (1) Sweepstakes entry is received from the same person and/or phone number in a single day, only the first entry received will be considered valid. A “day” is defined as starting at 12:00 AM CT and ending at 11:59:59 PM CT on a calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period, except on May 30, 2019, on which a “day” is defined as starting at 12:00 PM CT and ending at 11:59:59 PM CT.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: On or about September 20, 2019, Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received for the “BEER” Keyword during the entire Sweepstakes Period, one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received for the “BRIGHT” Keyword during the entire Sweepstakes Period, one (1) potential winner from all eligfible entries received for the “GETAWAY” Keyword during the entire Sweepstakes Period, and two (2) potential winners from all eligible entries received for each other Keyword during the entire Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Random Drawing”). Fifteen (15) total winners will be selected. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- Prizes (15 total, 1 for the “BEER” Keyword, 1 for the “BRIGHT” Keyword, 1 for the “GETAWAY” Keyword, and 2 for each other Keyword): The prize is a four (4)-day/three (3)-night trip to Tulum, Mexico for the prize winner and one (1) guest who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older (“Prize”). Each Prize includes round-trip coach class air transportation from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence to Tulum, Mexico for winner and one (1) guest; three (3) nights hotel standard accommodations (single room/double occupancy); round-trip ground transportation between the destination airport and hotel; the opportunity to participate in a Tulum Ruins tour; and a $750 pre-paid card. Fifteen (15) total Prizes are available during the entire Sweepstakes Period, one (1) for the “BEER” Keyword, one (1) for the “BRIGHT” Keyword, one (1) for the “GETAWAY” Keyword, and two (2) for each other Keyword. The ARV of each Prize is $4,325.
Trip must be taken before June 30, 2020. Each Prize winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. If a Prize winner elects to travel or partake in the Prize without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Prize winner. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor. Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. The actual value of the trip may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of a Prize will not be awarded. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Prize winner and guest are responsible for having valid travel documents including government identification and/or passports. Prize winner is responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals, and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in a Prize. Travel must be booked at least seven (7) days in advance. Each Prize winner’s guest must sign and return a travel liability release before travel will be booked. Prize winner and his or her guest hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of the trip. Prize winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of a Prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of a Prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the Prize winner aside from providing the remaining portion of the Prize, minus any unavailable event, element or detail. The use of the pre-paid card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth thereon which shall govern the use of the pre-paid card. Use of the pre-paid card constitutes the user’s acceptance of the terms and conditions so the Prize winner should read the terms and conditions on the pre-paid card carefully. Prize winner must protect the pre-paid card and treat the pre-paid card as he/she would any other valuable document. The pre-paid card will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. The pre-paid card will not be replaced or replenished if it lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without the Prize winner’s permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
- Total ARV: The total ARV of all available Prizes in the Sweepstakes is $64,875.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each Keyword during the Sweepstakes Period.
- General: In no event will more Prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per person/household. No Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a Prize or force majeure.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Prize winners will be notified by telephone or e-mail after the Random Drawing with instructions on how to claim a Prize, and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within five (5) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate Prize winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim a Prize, and may result in the Prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. Each potential winner may be subject to a background check before the Prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a potential winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. Upon verification of eligibility, Sponsor or its designee will contact each Prize winner to arrange travel and hotel reservations. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept his/her Prize, or any winner notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner fails to respond to a winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, the Prize may be forfeited. If a Prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected at random from the remaining pool of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded. Prizes are not transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of each Prize. Any portion of a Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for any prize won. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each winner. ARVs are as of the time these Official Rules were printed and the value of a Prize may fluctuate. A winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of a Prize at the time the Prize is awarded. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. Each Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable may not be awarded.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities, participating retailers, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, Sweepstakes, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any undelivered e-mails, including without limitation, e-mails that are not received because of an entrant’s privacy or spam filter settings that may divert any winner notification or other Sweepstakes related e-mail to a spam or junk folder.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or the integrity and or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event beyond the control of Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to abbreviate, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension without any further obligation provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. If Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to alter this Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted at www.promorules.com/PL12001.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN JEFFERSON COUNTY, COLORADO. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN COLORADO. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN JEFFERSON COUNTY, COLORADO. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and likeness, voice recording, video images and all related footage, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide including but not limited to television (including live television), radio, Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void and will result in disqualification, and if such person is selected as a potential winner, revocation of his/her Prize. If it is discovered or suspected that a person has registered or attempted to register or receive entries using multiple telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, identities, IP addresses, or use of proxy servers or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any Prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive and such Prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole and absolute opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation affected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entry or request will be declared made by of the telephone number used to participate (or e-mail address stated on the Alternate Method of Entry based on the applicable provider’s records). The potential winners may be required to show proof of being the primary account holder. The “primary account holder” is the natural person listed as the primary owner of the mobile device and associated mobile telephone number by a mobile telephone carrier (or primary owner of the e-mail address listed by the e-mail provider). If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or any Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, Sweepstakes packaging and other Sweepstakes media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Sol Summer Solstice Sweepstakes - Winners List Request, P.O. Box 410, Southfield, MI 48037. Winners List requests must be received by October 30, 2019.
Sponsor: MillerCoors LLC, 311 10th Street, Golden, CO USA 80401.