MILLER HIGH LIFE® The Champagne of beerS Region CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE A CONTESTANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Miller High Life® The Champagne of Beers Region Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Molson Coors Beverage Company USA LLC (“Sponsor”), 250 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL USA 60606, and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC (“Administrator”), 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI USA 48033.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest entry period begins at or about 12:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) on May 6, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on May 21, 2021 (“Entry Period”), followed by a judging period that begins on May 24, 2021 and ends on May 27, 2021 (“Judging Period”). The Entry Period and the Judging Period are collectively referred to as the “Contest Period”. The Administrator’s computer is the Contest official clock.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Contest (“Contest Entities”), as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, agents and officers of alcohol beverage retailers and distributors and their immediate family members and all other individuals/entities associated with this Contest are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY THE CONTEST: Internet access and a valid e-mail address are required to participate. During an Entry Period, an eligible contestant must logon to www.ChampagneOfBeersWI.com (the “Website”) and submit their date of birth. The contestant then must register by entering the information requested on the registration form, which may include without limitation: his/her first and last name (initials are not permitted), valid e-mail address, complete mailing address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted), date of birth, telephone number, and affirmation that they have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. After completing the registration on the Website, the contestant must follow the on-screen instructions to upload one (1) original photograph of themselves (“Photograph”). In addition, the contestant must write an essay, not to exceed 300 characters as to why he/she should be the ambassador to the Champagne of Beers region of Wisconsin (“Essay”). The Photograph and Essay constitute an “Entry.” The Photograph must be in one of the following formats: .JPEG, .JPG, .GIF, or .PNG, and may not exceed 10 MB. All Entries must comply with the Entry requirements and restrictions set forth in Section 4 of these Official Rules.
IMPORTANT FOR CONTESTANTS USING A MOBILE DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST: Message and data rates may apply. Not all mobile telephone providers carry the service necessary to participate in this Contest. Contestants should consult their wireless providers’ pricing plans.
Limit: Limit of one (1) unique Entry per person during the entire Entry Phase. In the event more than one (1) Entry is received from any contestant, the first Entry will be considered the only valid Entry. Entries received in excess of the above stated limitation will be void and subject the contestant to disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entry Requirements: All Entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- Must be an original work;
- Cannot have been published previously by any party other than the contestant;
- Must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- Cannot prominently feature trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by any third party, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than Miller High Life;
- Cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, music, and other works of art or images);
- Cannot include the name, likeness, photograph, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission from that person;
- Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Animal cruelty in any form as determined by Sponsor is prohibited;
- Cannot promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear extremely unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Cannot describe or depict any illegal activity or violation of any state or federal law;
- Must demonstrate an acknowledgement, understanding and/or a positive reinforcement of alcohol responsibility, as defined by the Miller High Life brand;
- All individuals in an Entry must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older;
- Cannot contain the name/logo of any alcohol beverage retailer, including in the background;
- Must not include any personally identifiable information (full name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.);
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, or violence;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify a contestant if their Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Requirements or any other provision of these Official Rules.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Any contestant who incorporates any intellectual property owned by a third party into their Entry does so at their own risk. Without in any way limiting, expanding or amending the terms and conditions residing on the Website (defined below), which terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect, if Sponsor is duly notified that any element of a contestant’s Entry infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove the affected Entry from the Website because of such infringement, such Entry may be disqualified from the Contest, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. Further, no contestant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that such contestant’s Entry has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes and such contestant eligibility is verified. Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Entry is the contestant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Entry does not contain any computer virus (as applicable), is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original with contestant, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the Entry does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party; and (iv) the Entry does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each contestant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of contestant hereunder.
By submitting an Entry, contestant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be publicly posted, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries – all of which will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any contestant and/or Entry in its sole and absolute discretion.
- JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION: During the Judging Period, eligible Entries submitted during the Entry Period will be judged by a panel of qualified judges comprised of Sponsor’s representatives (“Judges”). The Judges will score each Entry according to the following weighted criteria (“Judges Score”): (i) Passion for Miller High Life, Milwaukee, and/or Beer Diplomacy: 50%, and (ii) Willingness to Promote the Champagne of Beers Region: 50%. The one (1) Entry that receives the highest overall Judges Score will be declared the potential winner. The winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of their eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of any ties, the Entry with the highest score in criterion i, “Passion for Miller High Life, Milwaukee, and/or Beer Diplomacy” will prevail. In the event there are still any ties, the tied Entries will be rescored and the Entry with the highest overall Judges Score will prevail. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, they will be disqualified and the Entry with the next-highest Judges Score will be named the winner. Administrator’s, Judge’s, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the judging and selection of the winner.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
- Prize (1): The prize includes: a three (3) day/ two (2) night trip for two (2) people – winner and one (1) guest who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age – to the Champagne of Beers region located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; $20,000 made payable to the winner; “beer for a year”, awarded as $500 made payable to the winner; and Miller High Life merchandise (items, sizes, and styles all selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (collectively, the “Prize”). Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for winner and one (1) adult guest who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age, two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (single room/double occupancy), and a $300 pre-paid card. Winner’s guests must be 21 years of age or older. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be provided for any difference in Prize value. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Winner and guest are responsible for having valid travel documents including government identification and/or passports. Winner is responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals, and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in the Prize. Travel must be booked at least forty-five (45) days in advance. Travel must be completed by October 31, 2021. Winner’s guest must sign and return a travel liability release before travel will be booked. Winner and his/her guest hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of the trip. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element, or detail of a prize is canceled, postponed, or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element, or detail of the Prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the winner aside from providing the remaining portion of the prize, minus any unavailable event, element, or detail.
The use of the pre-paid card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth thereon which shall govern the use of the pre-paid card. Use of the pre-paid card constitutes the user’s acceptance of the terms and conditions so the winner should read the terms and conditions on the pre-paid card carefully. Winner must protect the pre-paid card and treat the pre-paid card as he/she would any other valuable document. The pre-paid card will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, except where required by law. The pre-paid card will not be replaced or replenished if it lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without the winner’s permission and will be voided if altered or defaced.
The ARV the Prize is $22,383. The actual value of the Prize may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation for the trip. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded.
- General: In no event will more than one (1) Prize be awarded. If, for any reason, more than one (1) Prize notification is sent (or more than one  claim is received) Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize based on the Judges Scores from among all eligible Prize claims received. No Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or force majeure. The winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for any Prize won. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. The Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason. If after a good-faith attempt Sponsor is unable to award or deliver the Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified by telephone or e-mail after the Judging Period with instructions on how to claim the Prize and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within five (5) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information and signed documents within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim the Prize and may result in the Prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. Each potential winner will be subject to a background check before the Prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. Upon verification of eligibility, Administrator will contact the winner to arrange for travel booking and prize fulfillment via winner’s choice of a check or direct deposit into an eligible bank account or pre-paid card account. Any physical elements of the Prize (including merchandise) will be mailed to the winner at the mailing address provided during registration (no PO Boxes permitted) upon verification of eligibility. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Prize, or any winner notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner fails to respond to the winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, the Prize may be forfeited. If the Prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected based on the Judges Scores of the remaining pool of eligible Entries received during the applicable Entry Period, time permitting. Prize is not transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of the Prize. No substitution or cash equivalent of Prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or portion thereof with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Federal, state, and local taxes on a Prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance of and use of the Prize not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for the winner. ARVs are as of the time these Official Rules were printed and the value of the Prize may fluctuate. The winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the Prize at the time the Prize is awarded. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. The Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason. The Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, contestants agree that the Contest Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each of their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail notifications, telephone calls, or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Website; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to contestants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest and/or accepting the Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Contest Entities are not responsible for any undelivered telephone calls, messages or e-mails, including without limitation, e-mails that are not received because of a contestant’s privacy or spam filter settings that may divert any winner notification or other Contest related e-mail to a spam or junk folder.
By entering the Contest, each contestant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of their right to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Contest, including, but not limited to, any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the contestant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Contest; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by contestant.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or the integrity and or feasibility of the Contest is severely undermined by any event beyond the control of Sponsor, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to abbreviate, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or proceed with the Contest, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible Entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension without any further obligation provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. If Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to alter this Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted at the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Contest, including the Prize, is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WISCONSIN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN MILWAUKEE COUNTY, WISCONSIN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN WISCONSIN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN MILWAUKEE COUNTY, WISCONSIN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. CONTESTANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY CONTESTANT AND/OR CONTEST ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the Prize, each contestant agrees to allow Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use their name, biographical information, photos and likeness, voice recording, video images and all related footage, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide, including but not limited to television (including live television), radio, and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any attempted form of participation in this Contest other than as described herein is void and will result in disqualification, and if such person is selected as a potential winner, revocation of their Prize. If it is discovered or suspected that a person has registered, entered or attempted to register or receive entries using multiple e-mail addresses, identities, IP addresses, or use of proxy servers or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any Prize that they might have been entitled to receive and such Prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole and absolute opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each contestant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or any Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and the Contest details contained in any Contest promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNER LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Miller High Life The Champagne of Beers Region Contest (PL015274) - Winner List Request, P.O. Box 410, Southfield, MI 48037. Winner List requests must be received by July 20, 2022.
Sponsor: Molson Coors Beverage Company USA LLC, 250 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL USA 60606.