MILLER LITE ® x MLB® ALL-STAR GAME® EXPERIENCE CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter, you must be of legal drinking age in your province of residence to win a Secondary Prize. For the Grand Prize, you must be 21 years of age or older and for all Prizes, you must be a resident of Canada. You are not eligible to enter or win, if you are: a) an employee, representative or agent of Molson Canada 2005 (the “Sponsor”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., MLB Advanced Media, L.P., The MLB Network, LLC, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), and each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which now, or in the future, controls or is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, and agents of the foregoing entities (together, the “MLB Entities”), or any of their respective affiliates and related companies, advertising or promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, any participating locations or the prize suppliers; b) an employee or contractor of a provincial liquor authority, a beer distribution company or a participating licensed establishment, or, any liquor licensee authorized by a provincial liquor authority; c) anyone involved in the development and/or administration of the Contest; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Contest begins on or around March 27th, 2022. Randomly assigned pin numbers (each a, “PIN”) will be imprinted inside cases of Miller Lite (see “Participating Products”, as defined below), while supplies last. One (1) PIN number will be assigned to each case of Miller Lite. Miller Lite Participating Products include the following specially-marked cases: 15 x 355 mL can packs distributed in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, 30 x 355 mL can packs and 6 x 473 mL can packs distributed in Ontario, 12 and 24 x 355 mL can packs distributed in Quebec, 24 x 355 mL can packs distributed in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island, and 12 x 355 mL can packs distributed in Newfoundland and Labrador; and to those requesting PINs without product purchase (no purchase necessary) see Rule 3 below while supplies last.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To obtain PINs without product purchase while supplies last, mail an original, handwritten essay (50 words minimum) on the topic of “Tell us about the most memorable baseball experience you attended” (the “Essay”) along with your name, age, e-mail address to: Miller Lite All-Star Game Experience Contest c/o Molson Coors Canada Customer Service Dept. 33 Carlingview Dr., Toronto, ON, M9W 5E4. Upon receipt of the Essay, you will receive by e-mail one (1) PIN that will be sent directly to the e-mail address provided by the Essay writer. For timely processing and return, Essay requests must be received by no later than May 26th, 2022 for timely processing and return, and an entrant will have until May 30th, 2022 at 11:59 pm (ET) to enter. Sponsor will not be held responsible, if e-mail address is not provided or is incorrect or invalid at time of Essay submission and PIN request. Each request must be submitted by the entrant him/herself and be sent in a separate envelope with sufficient postage. Only original, legible Essays will be accepted; no duplicates or mechanical reproductions. Limit: one (1) PIN per Essay request per outer stamped envelope.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to www.winwithmillerlite.ca (the “Contest Website”) click on the Contest link and follow the on-screen PIN entry instructions. Entrants can access the Contest Website either through the Internet or through a mobile device. If using a mobile device, standard data rates may apply. Check your service carrier plan for your rates and fees. All fields must be completed unless they are indicated as optional. Limit: one (1) PIN entry per person/email address per day. All entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 pm (ET) on May 30th, 2022 (the “Contest Close Date” and “Entry Deadline”).
The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected, technical failures or late entries, all of which will be void. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can use only one (1) email address to enter this Contest. If it is discovered by the Sponsor that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the maximum stated number of entries as outlined in these Official Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest and all of his/her entries voided. Your entry will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received by the Entry Deadline. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
- SECONDARY PRIZES: There are a total of 120 prize(s) (each a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won. Each Secondary Prize consists of one (1) $100.00 CAD MLB Shop Gift Card or one (1) $250.00 CAD MLB Shop gift card. Each Secondary Prize is either worth $100.00 CAD or $250.00 CAD. E-Gift Card will be delivered to a winner’s email address within 24-72 hours.
- GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of: (i) four (4) round trip economy class airline tickets departing from the closest major airport to the winner’s residence and onward to Los Angeles, California (the “Trip”). The Grand Prize also includes (ii) three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation (double or quadruple occupancy); (iii) four (4) tickets to the 2022 MLB® All-Star Game® (specific seating to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (the “Event”); and (iv) ground transportation for 4 between hotel and Event.
Winner and his/her guests shall be responsible for any costs or expenses associated with the Prize not outlined as included above, including but not limited to transportation to and from winner’s home residence and the designated airport, any additional transportation, taxes, travel and/or medical insurance, airport improvement and security fees (if applicable), drinks, meals, gratuities and all incidental and personal expenses. Winner will be required to use a credit card at hotel check in to cover any, and all incidentals not specified as included in the Grand Prize. Winner and his/her respective guests must travel together on the same itinerary departing from the same departure point on the dates and times required or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements and accommodations must be booked through Sponsor or its agent. Winner and his/her guests are required to follow all directions of Sponsor and/or the Event organizers; failure to do so may result in termination of their participation, or continued participation, in the Grand Prize and/or Event. Once itinerary has been finalized between winner and Sponsor, no changes can be made unless approved by Sponsor. The Grand Prize is worth approximately $15,000.00 CAD (based on sample Toronto departure). The actual value of the Grand Prize will depend on location of winner’s residence. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value, if any.
It is the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her respective guests to obtain all required travel documents including a valid passport (or visa, if applicable) along with a valid Covid passport/documentation (if required) for traveling and/or in order, to participate and attend the Event. Winner’s guests must be 21 years of age or older and both winner and guests must not have any legal restrictions which would prevent them from traveling to the United States or otherwise participate in the Prize. Sponsor will not be held responsible in the event, that the winner and/or his/her guests are denied entry into the United States or re-entry to Canada. In such an event, the winner and/or his/her guests will be solely responsible for any, and all costs incurred, and the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and his/her guests will not be permitted into any licensed area unless they can show valid identification to verify proof of legal drinking age in the applicable state. Sponsor does not condone and will not be held responsible for any illegal purchase or consumption of alcohol.
The Secondary and Grand Prizes will occasionally be referred to in these Official Contest Rules collectively as “Prizes” or each individually as a “Prize”.
Prize is not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value, if a Prize or any part of the Prize, cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible, however, if weather conditions, Event cancellations, or other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize or any part of a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prizes will only be released to the verified winners. Limit: one (1) Secondary Prize per household.
Use of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition ticket is subject to the standard terms, conditions, and health and safety policies applicable to the ticket. Seat locations at the game/event/exhibition and, unless otherwise stated in the prize description, exact game/event/exhibition date shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the BOC and/or the applicable Club and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the Prize will govern in the event a legal game/event/exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and the MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game/event/exhibition. The Releasees will not be responsible for weather conditions; acts of God; acts of terrorism; civil disturbances; local, state, or federal regulation, order, or policy; work stoppage; epidemic, pandemic, or any other issue concerning public health or safety; or any other event outside of their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition. Major League Baseball game/event/exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold, offered for resale, or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game/event/exhibition ticket.
- DRAWINGS: On June 1st, 2022, at 12:00 pm (ET), random draws for the Secondary Prizes and Grand Prize will take place at 33 Carlingview Dr., in Toronto, Ontario from among the total entries received. Grand Prize will be drawn first. Immediately after the Grand Prize drawing, all Secondary Prizes will be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries received. GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A SECONDARY PRIZE. Sponsor or its designated agents will attempt to notify the selected entrants by email using the information provided at the time of entry. To be declared a winner of any Prize, a selected entrant must first correctly answer, a mathematical skill-testing question at time of entry and without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempted notification; (ii) fails to correctly answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; and for the Grand Prize winner: (iii) fails to execute and return to Sponsor the Declaration and Release of Liability forms for the selected entrant and his/her guests within the time period indicated on such forms; and/or (iv) cannot accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason whatsoever; then the applicable Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor has the right but not the obligation, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible entrant(s). The odds of winning a Secondary or Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest.
- RELEASES, ETC.: Before being declared a winner of a Prize, a selected entrant may be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance and a Release of Liability form which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, the MLB Entities, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any contest judging organization, provincial liquor authorities, beer distribution companies, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof or the Prize; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. A DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THE GRAND PRIZE. The Releasees do not make, nor in any manner are responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, guarantee or representation, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any Prize, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; and (ii) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize, travel related thereto (as applicable), or otherwise from participation in this Contest. The winner will also be required to sign a document in a form acceptable to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (“LCBO”) releasing the LCBO, its directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability of any kind in connection with the contest, or occurring as a result of the Prize being awarded. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time-period indicated in the documents or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guests must also sign and return a Declaration and Release of Liability form prior to travel and/or participating in the Prize. The names of guests cannot be changed once the Declaration and Release of Liability form has been received by Sponsor or its agent.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and/or the Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of entries; b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the Contest Website; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsor and/or entry to be captured or recorded for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest; f) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Contest Rules, the selection and/or announcement of eligible winner(s), and/or the distribution of any Prize(s); and/or g) any combination of the above.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, for the purpose of receiving one or more messages, whether electronic or not, from the Sponsor or its designated representative, which may provide entrants with information regarding the Contest or otherwise further the administration of the Contest. The entrant will be deemed to have solicited these messages from the Sponsor by virtue of entering the Contest. By accepting any Prize, the winners consent to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their names, addresses (city, province/territory), voices, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes in connection with the Contest in any media or formats, including but not limited to the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- ERRORS, ETC.: Any PIN codes, packaging, or other materials used in this Contest that have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, forged, reproduced, not legitimately obtained, stolen, are illegible, broken or otherwise damaged, or which contain or reflect printing, production or other errors will be void.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice except to the BC Liquor Distribution Branch and the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest Rules. Any termination will be subject, in B.C., to the approval of the B.C. Liquor Distribution Branch and in Quebec, to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by them, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Contest and by entering this Contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. The Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, postage-due, misdirected, affected by technical failures, errors or late entries which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants (or any other entrant(s) as deemed necessary by the Sponsor). Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry in question.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules; to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Subject only to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, the Sponsor reserves the right and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor affects the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Official Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regards to any matter relating to this Contest. In Ontario, “Provincial Liquor Authorities” refers to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario and the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- MLB ENTITIES PRIZE SUPPLIER: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any of the MLB Entities, and by entering, release the MLB Entities from any, and all liability with respect to the administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, the delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, use and/or misuse of Prizes or parts of any Prize. The information you provide will only be used by Sponsor for the purposes of the administration and fulfillment of this Contest.
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com.